Position Summary / Purpose
Create high levels of customer satisfaction by exceeding their expectations and fulfilling the company’s contractual obligations through the timely and profitable delivery of restoration services.
Facilitate the timely and profitable delivery of all services required to rapidly return customer’s property to pre-loss condition, minimizing repairs and downtime following property damage.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceed established targets for responding to and completing estimates on losses
- Maintain strategic relationships with vendors, adjusters, and subcontractors
- Exceed profitability targets on managed projects for COGS and Direct Labor
- Maintain market leadership through continuous implementation of state-of-the-art technology as it pertains to the delivery of restoration services.
- Plan and execute projects to completion
- Obtain written contracts and payment terms for projects
- Maintain efficient and accurate flow of production paperwork from the job site to administration
- Coordinate resource planning of technicians, laborers and subcontractors with scheduler
- Coordinate estimates from subcontractors
- Write job estimates
- Order materials required for projects and coordinate delivery to job site
- Maintain effective communication with customers and all involved parties – including third-party owners, building engineers, property managers, tenants, etc.
- Perform property inspections and complete reports
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain project files
- Attend and assist in conducting company meetings
- Perform production work
- Perform minor repairs on company equipment and vehicles
Decision Rights and Authority
- Schedule service vehicles and technicians
- Management of the budget for projects
Working Relationships and Scope
- Works with Estimators to review and oversee job estimates.
- Works with Operations Manager in hiring and discharge of production division personnel
- Coordinates with Marketing for follow-up and job evaluation with customers
- Coordinates with customer and administration function for timely collection of project payment
- Oral Communication – The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effective in one-on-one and small group situations. Adaptable and able to think on his/her feet. Able to effectively communicate with customers in understandable terms.
- Written Communication – Writes clear, precise, well organized estimates, proposals and emails. The individual edits work for spelling, uses appropriate vocabulary and has impeccable grammar. Is able to read and interpret written information.
- Team Building – Achieves cohesion and effective team spirit with peers, subordinates and subcontractors. Sustains a climate characterized by open, honest relationships where differences are constructively resolved rather than ignored, suppressed or denied. Shares credit for accomplishments.
- Planning & Organizing – Has the ability to see the overall job from start to finish. Knowing the steps to be taken, resources and time required, can effectively create a timeline for the job. Coordinates plans with other managers.
- Integrity – Iron clad. Does not cut corners. Puts company interests above self. Earns trust of co-workers. Is intellectually honest, does not play games.
- Excellence – Sets high, ‘stretch’ standards of performance. Demonstrates low tolerance for mediocrity. Sets clear, fair and aggressive goals for self and others, encouraging individual initiative.
- Customer Focus – Combines empathy for customer’s situation with time and budget constraints to effectively manage and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Technology – Regularly uses standard word processing and spreadsheet software tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy of work performed. Effectively uses communication devices and technology to collect, review and forward field activity reporting.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED plus three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing construction or restoration projects and supervising crews. Associates (2 year) degree or bachelors (4 year) degree in business or construction management preferred. Advanced knowledge of building construction, remodeling or restoration. Understands the relationship between direct labor and profitability.
- Financial Reports and Budgeting
Understanding of financial reports: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and budgeting. Ability to review completed job costing, assess performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Technical skills
Proficient technical skills, experience and certification in the areas of service the company provides.
- Mathematical skills
Adequate math skills. Able to quickly and effectively translate remaining work into manpower planning, project completion times, and review and assess labor time reporting. Effectively project job costs based on work remaining.
- Negotiation skills
Wins by creating advocates, not enemies, when negotiating
- Computer skills
Demonstrates intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of computers and computer software, especially MS Word and Excel. Experience with Xactimate software is a plus
- Listening skills
Effective in receiving feedback and input from customers and employees, probing for additional information or unspoken issues and providing timely response.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
None required for this position
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work of this position is predominantly carried out in a shop or job site environment. Daily exposure to the shop where vehicles and equipment are housed and maintained is expected. Employee will encounter facilities where standing water and sewage are present, heat is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire damage has occurred and mold or other organic growth exists.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Monday to Friday
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible